About the Festival
The Beenleigh Festival of One Act Plays has been running for a number of years with great success. Each year around 20-30 entries are submitted and performed on the Crete Street Stage.
The festival is held around early August which usually sits around the middle of the community theatre one act play festival scene.
History of the Festival
This festival was started in 1987, showcasing performers, directors and technicians from all over South East Queensland - competing for prestige and prizes. From the first festival to present day, it has grown in popularity and many groups return each year. We offer one of the most professional organised and friendly festivals on the circuit. As we say we have it down to a fine art.
- To give an opportunity to new and existing writers, actors and directors from all over SEQ to have their work evaluated and receive feedback
- To give Actors, directors and writers reward and recognitions for their work.
- To promote and keep that Arts alive in the Beenleigh community.
- To be the friendliest Festival on the South East Queensland drama circuit.
What does the festival include?
- 3 Sections: Open, Youth and 10 Minute Plays
- Adjudication feedback from a respected professional
- Friday Night - Opening Ceremony and Session 1
- Saturday - Sessions 2, 3 and 4
- Sunday - Sessions 5 and 6, Closing Ceremony including the Awards presentations.